If you are an affiliate marketer and looking for how to succeed with affiliate marketing in Nigeria, you have come to the right place. Frankly, this page has been designed with you specifically in mind.
Whether you are just starting out or have been engaged in affiliate marketing for years, your affiliate marketing business is about to experience a new lease of life and a turnaround for the better.
Perhaps your Nigerian affiliate marketing business has not shown any positive signs of making money for you despite having started it many years ago. If so, you are not alone. Other people – affiliate marketers like yourself – are experiencing exactly what you are passing through right now in their own affiliate marketing business.
Believe it or not, most affiliate marketers make less than $500 monthly, while even a greater majority never make a single check throughout their affiliate marketing career.
Nevertheless, a small number of affiliates (“super-affiliates”) are making very large incomes ($150,000+ per year). And a larger minority, roughly the top 2-3%, do earn lower-but-still-substantial amounts.
Irrespective of the category of affiliate marketers that you belong, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that you greatly desire to succeed with your affiliate marketing business.
If so, it would be worthwhile, therefore, to find answers to the following questions:
- Why do the majority of affiliate marketers never make a single check while still others make insignificant amounts in their affiliate business?
- What is the common thread that binds successful affiliate marketers together?
- How can you succeed as an affiliate marketer?
Why Many Affiliates Fail
The reason why many affiliate marketers fail in their affiliate marketing business is not far-fetched. It is either they are doing certain things completely wrong, or they are not doing them at all.
In this respect, there are 10 basic reasons why many affiliates fail to succeed in their affiliate marketing business. The top ten reasons why affiliate marketers fail in their business are as follows:
- Having no passion for their affiliate business
- Failure to do advance planning and preparation
- Failure to have a business mindset and doing it simply for lack of something to do
- Allowing themselves to be distracted and not focusing strictly on their affiliate marketing business
- Having no site or having a site that is poorly developed
- Wanting to do it all alone and failure to outsource the most difficult aspects of the business
- Not investing sufficiently in their affiliate marketing business
- Not re-appraising various aspects of their sites to see how they are doing and find out how to perform better
- Failure to learn on the job and improve on their affiliate marketing business
- Failure to monetise properly and choosing the wrong affiliate programmes
Now contrast the above with what successful affiliates do which makes them hugely successful within a short time in their affiliate marketing business.
Successful affiliate marketers share the same things in common. They all…
- have passion for their business: In order to succeed as an affiliate marketer, you must be passionate about your niche or business.
- do thorough planning and brainstorming: Failure to plan is sequel to planning to fail. Therefore, in order to be successful as an affiliate marketer, you must do thorough advance planning about your business. This means upfront thinking and brainstorming the most profitable topics and keywords. Then and only then can you develop the best site concept/theme for your affiliate business.
- create a great theme-based content site: Successful affiliate marketers take what they know, what they love, and turn it into a Theme-Based Content Site. They deliver quality, in-demand material, make the content of their Web pages “attractive” to Search Engines.
Thereafter, they attract highly targeted, interested “PREcustomers”, provide solid value through content, then refer them to their affiliate merchants. Delivering hot and sensual content through a theme-based content site is the only way to guarantee that highly targeted visitors will visit your site.
- establish their own voice and personality: Successful affiliate marketers establish their own voice and style while building their website. They do not copy or imitate others.
- track how each page performs on the major Search Engines: It is not just enough to build web pages about your affiliate marketing business. It is very important to track how each page is doing with Google and other search engines – from submission, through spidering, indexing and finally to how each page ranks.
- develop more than one way to drive traffic to their sites: Traffic is the life blood of any business on the web. Without traffic, a business is doom to fail within a short time. In order to succeed, therefore, you must find more than one way to drive traffic to your site.
- analyse Click IN and Click Through patterns meticulously: Click IN and Click Through patterns are important indices for knowing how website visitors respond to the content on your web pages. Successful affiliate marketers analyse Click IN and Click Through patterns, as if their businesses depended on it (because it actually does).
- follow key traffic stats: A good log file analyser is important for estimating the number of visitors that are visiting a site on a daily basis. Therefore, successful affiliate marketers follow key traffic stats from a good log file analyser so that they can have a deeper understanding and further make the necessary improvements on their sites.
- collect a wide variety of expensive tools: Successful affiliate marketers know that success does not come cheap or easy. So, they know that they must collect a wide variety of expensive tools in order to execute well.
- select best related affiliate programs: Successful affiliates select the best companies to work with. They know how to go out and do it right, on their own! And then, they eliminate the dependency on merchants totally. They also diversify into other, complementary monetisation models too.
It is pretty obvious from the foregoing that affiliate marketing is a serious business. It is not meant for the faint-hearted or the easily discouraged. No wonder then that very few people actually succeed with affiliate marketing.
And that small number not only succeed, but they make unbelievably huge income levels every single month of the year. As a matter of fact, a small number of affiliates referred to as “super-affiliates” make as much as $150,000 and above every year from affiliate marketing business alone.
In conclusion, in order to succeed with affiliate marketing, there are three vital factors that must be put in place. These are as follows:
- Hard work: Since remuneration of affiliates is based entirely on their performance, how successful they eventually become depends primarily on how hard they are willing to work in their business.
Hence, it is not sufficient for an individual to register with every single affiliate marketing company on the net. Such a person must be willing to work hard in order to make a decent income from the business.
- Knowledge of internet marketing: Knowledge of internet marketing is very vital too in order to succeed as an affiliate marketer.
- Sow a Seed: Willingness to invest, not only their time and effort, but money too to gather all the business building tools that will guarantee success will determine how far an affiliate will go in succeeding in the business.